Moran to announce stimulus plan in Richmond
Democratic candidate for Governor Brian Moran will be in Richmond on Thursday to make a major announcement about how he plans to use Virginia’s portion of the federal stimulus plan.
Moran will appear at the local small business “Styles Unlimited” on Concord Avenue in the city. The stop in Richmond is one of many Moran will make in his Economic Recovery Tour of the commonwealth.
Here are the details:
Moran to Announce Economic Stimulus and Recovery Plan
RICHMOND – Brian Moran will announce his Economic Recovery and Stimulus Plan for Virginia as part of his “Economic Recovery Tour” at a small business in Richmond on Thursday.
WHEN: Thursday, March 26, 2009 at 1:30 p.m.
WHERE: Styles Unlimited
1220 Concord Ave
Richmond, VA 23228
Moran has held stops in Charlottesville and Norfolk.
In other news…
All three Democratic campaigns put out a join press release today announcing their plans for 5 debates and 3 joint forums. Only one of the events will be held in Richmond. Here is the list:
The three campaigns agreed to the following debates:
* April 19th: Farm Team Debate in Williamsburg
* April 23rd: Virginia Education Association’s Convention Debate in Hampton
* April 28th: Sorensen Institute/Danville Register & Bee Debate in Danville Debate in Blacksburg
* May 19th: Washington Post/Northern Virginia Community College Debate in Annandale
Deeds, McAuliffe, and Moran have also agreed to make joint appearances at the following forums:
* April 3rd: Northern Virginia Technology Council/Microsoft Forum in McLean
* April 21st: Crusade for Voters Forum in Richmond
* TBD: Democratic Club of Greensprings Forum in Greensprings